If the Houston Rockets had it their way, they would have taken their ball and went home at halftime after blowing a 15 point lead and proceeded to let the Celtics beat them, 111-95.
Houston, led by James Harden (16 pts) and Dwight Howard (5 pts and 12 reb), was a soft team tonight. The Celtics, on the other hand, got up after getting punched in the mouth by the Rockets to start the game and went on a 74-32 run.
One of the key factors in the win was the Celtics ability to limit James Harden’s chances at the foul line. Overall the lead leader in free throw attempts only shot from the charity strip 4 times.
- The Celtics are two games over .500 for the first time in the Brad Stevens era.
- Celtics are winners in 5 of their last 6 games.
- Starting lineup: Marcus Smart (4 pts, 9 reb, 6 ast and 5 stl), Isaiah Thomas (23 pts, 6 ast and 3 reb), Jae Crowder (16 pts and 2 stl), Jared Sullinger (9 pts and 6 reb) and Amir Johnson (6 pts and 6 reb).
- Avery Bradley came off the bench and scored 21 points.
- Boston scored 26 points off Houston’s 22 turnovers.
- Marcus Smart was 1-11 from the field and was still a game high +30.
- Celtics passing is a thing of beauty.
- Jared Sullinger continues to be a force for the Celtics keeping Dwight Howard from going off and was a +20 for the game.
- The Celtics (6-4) have beaten two (HOU & ATL) of the final four teams last season and have taken down teams including Milwaukee, Washington and Oklahoma City.
The Celtics will return to TD Garden on Wednesday for a two game stint against the Dallas Mavericks and the Brooklyn Nets.