The Celtics were firing on all cylinders to start the game going on a 7-0 run, Avery Bradley was hot off the bench and, at one point, Boston held an 18 point lead.
It did not hold, however and the Mavericks rallied to beat the Celtics 106-102 at TD Garden.
Even after blowing the lead, Brad Stevens’ crew had a chance to tie the game at 104 and force overtime after two missed free throws by Raymond Felton, but Isaiah Thomas turned the ball over in transition with 4 seconds left on the clock. Ballgame.
The Celtics led the entire game until the 4:17 mark in the fourth quarter when Deron Williams nailed a three pointer to make it 94-91 and Dallas just seemed to roll from their on out.
The C’s (6-5) will try to rebound from the loss and help their NBA lottery chances on Friday when they face the Brooklyn Nets at TD Garden (BTW they lost Wednesday).
- Avery Bradley, again, looked great off the bench scoring 12 straight Boston points in the first quarter. He finished his night with 18 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals and 3 assists.
- Jared Sullinger recorded his fourth double-double of the season tonight with 18 points and 12 rebounds. At times it looked like the Celtics were settling for jump shots rather than feeding Sullinger down low.
- Isaiah Thomas led the team in scoring (19 points), but obviously that turnover with 4 seconds left was a killer and he didn’t play particularly well down the stretch. He threw up an ill-advised three in transition with 34 seconds to play.
- One of the intriguing match-ups in this one was Kelly Olynyk vs. Dirk Nowitzki. It did not disappoint.
- Even though Kelly didn’t pull the Dirk move on Dirk, he still had a so-so game scoring 5 points, grabbing 3 rebound and was a +13 in 13 minutes. Dirk was the games high scorer with 23 points and also had 7 rebounds.