By Tyler Sullivan Follow on Twitter @TylerSully
The Brooklyn Nets reaffirmed to the TD Garden faithful why they should be so excited about owning their unprotected first round draft pick this year. The C’s saw first hand that the Nets are just not very good.
Essentially from tipoff, Boston dominated Brooklyn and cruised to the 120-95 win.
The game swung with the Celtics taking a four point lead into the second quarter. The team proceeded to explode for 43 points before the half and it was basically off to the mock draft boards from there on out.
- The Celtics shot 58.6% from the floor against the Nets. That is the highest percentage in the NBA this season.
- The 39 team assists for the Celtics is the second highest (40) in an NBA game this season.
- 39 assist is also the most assists the Celtics have had in a game since December 2008.
- Jae Crowder had his best game of the season scoring a season high 19 points to go with his 5 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 assists.
- The Celtics have won 6 of their last 8 games and have done so by a margin of 17.5 points. They haven’t just been winning, they’ve been doing it in dominating fashion.
- Marcus Smart limped off the floor in the fourth quarter and did not return with what the team is calling a bruised left knee.
- Avery Bradley came off the bench and again had a strong performance scoring a team high 21 points.
- Isaiah Thomas had a slow start to the game shooting 0-6 from the floor, but then came alive hitting 7 of 9 shots the rest of the way. Thomas ended with a stat line of 18 points and 9 assists.
- If New Orleans wins, the Nets will move to the second worst team in the NBA after tonight loss.