By Tyler Sullivan Follow on Twitter @TylerSully
After a mediocre game last night, Brad Stevens’ crew responded nicely out of the gate to beat the Miami Heat 105-95.
The Celtics jumped out to the early 9 point lead to end the first quarter, but Dwayne Wade (30 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 5 steals) helped the Heat go on a 8-0 run to bring them within 3 points in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter.
At times it seemed like momentum was going to be enough to carry the Heat over the hump and complete the comeback, but clutch shooting by Avery Bradley (25 points on 9-15 shooting) and late free throws by Jae Crowder (13 points, 5 rebounds and 4 steals) were enough to keep the Celtics ahead making them 1-1 on this road trip thus far.
Boston is now 3-1 on the second night of a back to back this season and have one 11 of their last 12 in the latter games.
- Avery Bradley had some huge three’s for the Celtics to eventually lead the team in scoring with 25 points. This is his 6th 20-plus point game this season. He had 12 all of last year.
- Dwayne Wade is the first player in 23 games to score 30 points against the Celtics.
- Boston had 15 steals and forced Miami to cough the ball up 18 times.
- All of the Celtics starters scored in double figures and Amir Johnson (13 points and 10 rebounds) recorded his first double-double in a Celtics uniform.
- Evan Turner filled up the stat sheet dropping 13 points, to go along with 6 boards, 3 assists and 3 steals in 32 minutes off the bench.
Next up for the Celtics on this road trip is a stop in Mexico City on Thursday night where they will play Rajon Rondo and the Sacramento Kings.