By Tyler Sullivan Follow on Twitter @TylerSully
After a horrendous start to the game where Dallas jumped out to a 17-2 lead, the Celtics were able to mount a comeback in the second half to force overtime. But the Mavericks hit 4 three pointers including a dagger by Dirk Nowitzki to snap the C’s three game win streak and get the 118-113 W.
- Marcus Smart and Kelly Olynyk were forces off the bench scoring 20 and 17 points respectively. Olynyk was the only Celtics player to have a postive plus/minus with a plus-27. On top of the 17 points, he also had 5 rebounds and was 5-6 from deep.
- The Mavericks shot 47.1% from deep on Monday night hitting a whopping 16 three pointers including four during overtime.
- Smart was a catalyst in the Celtics mounting their comeback. He posted players up (something he should do more of) and was aggressive on the boards grabbing 8 rebonds to go with his 2 steals.
- Jae Crowder and Jared Sullinger really struggled shooting the ball hitting a mere 24% from the floor.
- Isaiah Thomas also took a while to get going. He was able to drive to the basket once he realized JJ Berea was guarding him and finished with 20 points and 7 assists.
- Dirk Nowitzki is now 11-0 in his last 11 games against the Celtics and tonight finished with a game high 31 points and 11 rebounds.
Celtics are off on Tuesday and will travel to Toronto to play the Raptors on Tuesday.