By Tyler Sullivan Follow on Twitter @TylerSully
For the first time since November 27th the Celtics won all four quarters to earn the 116-91 win over the Washington Wizards.
Boston came out of the gate hot. Isaiah Thomas dropped 9 of his 22 points in the first quarter. The guard was extremely effective dishing out 9 assists and grabbed 4 boards. The C’s began to run away with the game in the third quarter after going on a 7-0 run.
Washington coughed up the ball 20 times on the night which turned into 28 Celtics points.
With the win the Celtics completed the season sweep of the Wizards and have scored 100-plus points in nine straight games the longest since 1997.
- The Celtics kept Wizards star point guard John Wall in check only shooting 3 for 11 from the floor for 8 points. He had 10 assists, but also had 4 turnovers.
- Bradley Beal left the game and didn’t return after getting hit in the face by Marcus Smart.
- For the second straight game, Marcus Smart was great off the bench. In a team high 32 minutes, he had 13 points (5-11 shooting), 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals.
- Kelly Olynyk contributed 13 points off the bench and was 2 for 3 from deep in the nations capital.
- Interesting to note that in a game where the Celtics won by 25, David Lee did not touch the floor at all.
- Jonas Jerebko got a lot of #WinterStormJonas jokes and with this slam he’ll sure to get some more.
Celtics are back on the court on Wednesday when the Nuggets roll into the TD Garden.