MANCHESTER, NH (February 11, 2016) – SMG continues to take the safety of all patrons entering the Verizon Wireless Arena as a top priority by implementing additional security measures for all events beginning February 14th when the Manchester Monarchs take on the Wheeling Nailers. Due to safety concerns around the world many arenas are increasing security and installing walk-thru metal detectors at all entrances of the facility, which Manchester will be doing.
“SMG believes the safety of all patrons, performers and employees is of the utmost concern,” said Senior General Manager Tim Bechert. “The Verizon Wireless Arena has been proud of our long standing record for providing a safe environment and this increased safety measure continues to ensure that.”
Verizon Wireless Arena will be using the following security procedures for all events at the arena:
· Walk-thru metal detectors will be used at all entrances of the facility. Procedure will be very similar to that at the airport; all patrons will walk through a metal detector prior to gaining access to the arena. If needed, security will perform pat downs on patrons in addition to the metal detectors.
· Bags that are larger than 14” x 16” will not be permitted into the arena, this includes backpacks.
· Cell phones will be permitted, unless otherwise requested by an event’s security.
· Camera policy is set by show, best practice suggest no cameras for events.
· No weapons of any kind will be permitted into the arena.
“The Manchester Police Department applauds the increased measures instituted by SMG to protect its valued customers as they enjoy a safe and enjoyable experience,” said Manchester Police Chief Willard.
Walk-thru metal detectors will be located just inside the arena doors. All patrons will present their ticket for scanning prior to entering the screening zone. Manchester Police will continue to have a presence both inside and outside of the arena for observation and protection of patrons. Patrons should plan to arrive earlier than normal, bringing minimal belongings with them, to allow for this enhanced security process.